Packaging over the years has changed dramatically from a small cardboard box to a plastic push-up 18g stick. The wording on the top of the original packaging stated Melrose was suitable for ‘War workers’ both on the battlefield and in the factories and the fields.
With cosmetics were in very short supply Melrose continued to be in very large quantities in Skipton Street, Elephant and Castle in the heart of London until 1941 when the factory was relocated to the country near to Oxford where it continued to flourish. Melrose is as useful for skin problems and protection to-day as it was then. We would be interested to hear from soldiers past and present who have benefited from Melrose Skincare and would like to share their experiences.